Friday, August 3, 2012

Vive la Barbe

Knitting can be an odd hobby. Not only do I attract the odd sideways glance for knitting in public, but recently I received an out-of-the-blue email from a radio producer suggesting I might like to knit a beard.  True story.

The local radio crew were assembling a mass of moustaches to be sent to a 'Beard Festival' being held in Victoria to commemorate (hirsute) bushranger Ned Kelly.

And why not.



Now I can pretend I'm a part of the Tasmanian faction of the French feminist group La Barbe, famous for crashing male-dominate meetings and donning false beards to protest the absence of women from decision making forums.  Mmmmm, which boys club to hit first...?


Here's local radio presenter, Ryk Goddard, modelling my fuzzy face warmer:


I think that takes the cake for my strangest knit to date, I'm sure I'll get plenty more odd looks if I keep the mo making (and wearing) up!

Pattern details: based on lovely free patterns, Mo Sister moustache by Kate Quinn and Short Beard from Chelsea Slater.


No comments:

Post a Comment